Sunday, April 22, 2012

Are we done?

Meg, if you go to my PBL in Action page, there's a link at the bottom of the page that says something like "To learn more about schools who are already using PBL, watch this short video on YouTube." The word "YouTube" is the link to my original project which is a video I made. Also, my 3 new sites, as well as my 2 web evals are on the link page.

One thing that I see that needs to be done is that while the font color/size seems to be consistent, the link colors are not consistent. Most of them are a darkish blue-gray color, but some are just dark gray like the text. We need this to be consistent across all the pages, and I think they should be colored like most of them are to set them apart as links and not just underlined text.. The Digital Stories page, Lesson Plans page, and Podcast page have black links or at least inconsistently colored links. Also, the links page is formatted really inconsistently with different fonts and colors and things are aligned weirdly so I find it kind of hard to read. Once those things are taken care of, I'll be comfortable with turning it in.

I'm about to make the drive from Mt. Pleasant to Kalamazoo, so I'll be out of touch until 10:30-11:00. I'll get back on as soon as I'm back in town to see if those things still need to be taken care of. If they do, I can take care of that and then I will submit it. If either you take care of the color and formatting issues between now and then feel free to submit it! I just think we need to make sure everything looks polished :)

5 comments:

  1. Ok Jessica, just wanted to make sure. having trouble with some of the links staying the proper color, will go through it again and try to change those things before we submit Last time I looked at the pages, they all were okay. I'll check the links again..
    Have a safe drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went through everything and changed colors and had text the same throughout the website. The links page was all messed up.. It was weird. When you looked at it in edit mode, its was right but after you saved it and looked at it through that window it was all messed up. But i got it to work. Meg, Im sorry, I think im going through and changing what you already did and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, I think we were working against each other too! I did all I could... some of the colors just won't change. Right now the links page is fine again. I did hyperlink all the titles and got rid of the URL;s- that seems to clean things up quite a bit. But there are still a couple of places that just won't change and stay changed.

    Jessica... see what you think about it now. If you want to make any final changes... I am sending it at 11:30.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still see a lot of stuff that's random colors. But I know EXACTLY what you guys are saying about the site being really glitchy! I will give it a go to see if I can't straighten it out, and if I can't we'll just call it good. The content is fine, so if we can't get the format straight then oh well!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Do you want to upload it to the WMU site when you are done? I have to get ready to leave for a funeral in Ohio. I've looked at the other sites that have been posted and I really am happy with ours except for the few different colors... wonder if it shows up different on differnet computers? I only see black and a couple off grays.

      Delete