Saturday, April 21, 2012

Well, with the exception of some small adjustments, I consider my pages to be complete. Will you two check them out and make sure they are okay?

I am a little anxious because it seems like there is still a LOT that needs to be done. For example, I think that the digital story, links, and lesson plans pages need some short descriptions as to what the page is for, etc. I don't think we're suppose to have just a page full of links without anything else. Also, each page is supposed to have 1 or 2 new pieces of information, I believe. That can be added through the added descriptions. Like the instructions say, the assignments are supposed to be linked in a meaningful way, not just on a page... Not sure what we're going to do about that.

At some point in the near future, I am going to go through and format. All of our text needs to be the same size, font, color, etc, Everything needs to look like it was made by the same person. I will wait until everything looks more complete.

Please let me know if there's anything I can help with. Now that my pages are complete, I can be of more assistance to you two. This project seems to be worth quite a bit, so I want to make sure we turn in something we can be proud of.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your page! It is fun to read!
    The only two things I see is that the picture is too big and that some of the font is blue in the hyperlinks, but I know you said you had some adjustments yet to make. The other thing is that in the menu bar on the left, your page title is in bold and different... that needs to match the rest of them. kara might have to do that because I can't access that bar.
    I am not sure that the other pages need more descriptions... the descriptions are for the links inside of them, but I'll reread that again to be sure. The new info is listed in the next message reply :) The links in a meaningful way, to me, mean just like we've been doing.. linking them inside other pages where they make sense. I think we are okay there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, I added more descriptions, see what you think.
    Don't forget you also have to add the web evaluation links you did the beginning of the semester. The rubric says for full point we each need to create "more" than two pages. Did you do your new project? Which page did you put it on? There is still more to do.... Keep checking and rechecking.. we'll get it right and it will look good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The links throughout the website seems to be varying shades of blue. I made the links on my pages the royal blue color so that they could be identified as links, since they aren't actually URLs. Basically, we just need to decided what color we want our links to be so that it's consistent throughout the whole site.

      The descriptions look nice! I just felt like there needed to be a debrief of the purpose of the page as a whole, instead of just a list of links, you know?

      My new project was the movie I made for the PBL in action page. I'll make a page of recommendations of easy ways to bring PBL into the classroom. I'll use some of the website links, and that will be an easy way to bring in new information as well. You two can feel free to add ideas to the page.

      I'm thinking that tomorrow I will go through and just make sure everything is the same font and the same size and all the hyperlinks are the same color (I think they should be a color other than black to set them apart since some of mine are sort of woven into the text) so if you have any preferences about that let me know. I just saw in the rubric that everything has to be formatted the same.

      Delete